If the homeowner and his real estate agent in Fuerteventura have done a good job of preparing, pricing and marketing the house, there will be buyers interested in visiting it and, if they are interested, they will make offers to buy it.
The negotiation process is key to the closing of the sale of the house.
If the customer has even the slightest interest, he probably wants to talk about price.
Any objection you raise is an opportunity to bring things closer together, and that’s good news, because it means you are interested in your home.
As an owner, you should know how to refute these objections one by one, or rely on the experience of real estate consultants, who have already been through similar situations on numerous occasions.
You must also know how to close opportunities in a timely manner; you must take advantage of the offers proposed by interested parties and study them before giving an answer.
Often a small detail reveals that we need to give a “little push” to the buyer, so that he/she decides to sit down and talk about the conditions.
Once you are ready, you have to negotiate, and for this you have to previously establish a negotiation on several aspects, such as:
- Furnishings: Do you keep the existing furniture? should it be removed? who is responsible for cleaning and moving?
- Delivery of keys: when are they delivered?
- Amount of the deposit: what amount or percentage to apply?
- Financing and Form of Payment: does the buyer need to be granted the mortgage? which payment method is chosen?
- Deadline for deed: do I have to wait for the buyer to obtain financing? Are there any pending procedures to be able to sign Escrituras?
Following these issues, price will be a variable that both parties are closer to agreeing on.
Once you have agreed on the terms and conditions, all that is left to be done is to contract of sale
Make sure it is well drafted, including all the usual clauses in this type of contract.
Avoid mistakes in the buying and selling process that can later turn against you.
With all this, the only thing left to do is to arrange the date and time for the signing of the public deed before the Notary Public.
We offer you a PDF guide to review how the process of selling a house in Fuerteventura should be:
Esta información está disponible en / Post available in: Español (Spanish)